What are some mind blowing facts about Indian Railways?
When it comes to connectivity, very few modes of transport can compare to the Indian Railways. No other form of travelling makes you feel part of this large diverse nation the way an Indian train journey does. Sure there might be a few inconveniences along the way but the positives outweigh the negatives. Here are 12 joys of travelling by an Indian Train.
1. Travelling with friends by train is an experience that’s tough to beat.
2. The Railway Station kulhad is like some magical potion that tastes different from any other chai you have ever tasted.
3. There might not be a TV inside the train but you will see sights that define the real India up close when you’re gazing through the windows.
4. Ordering train food and eating it on the little collapsible tray next to the window.
5. Reading a book or playing cards while slowly drifting off to sleep in the snuggly sleeper class.
6. Witnessing the flora and fauna of your country whizzing past you.
7. Interacting with genuinely diverse and interesting characters from different walks of life.
8. Witnessing the hustle and bustle at an Indian railway station is an experience like no other.
9. Getting off at in between stations and taking in the ambience before continuing on your journey.
10. You don’t need any decorum inside the train, want to laugh out loud? Go ahead, laugh out loud.
11. Watching real life Bollywood unfurl before you through tearful goodbyes and new beginnings.
12. The most beautiful bit, the Indian Railways has something to offer to every person, irrespective of which section of the society he or she belongs to.